Home Forums MBA Executive MBA GMAT Scores

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tbarnes613
    Participant

First off – thank you for continued efforts in maintaining posts on the admissionsboards.com website. You truly provide a valuable service.

I recently took the GMAT (Saturday), and am fretting about my score. I was hoping you might be able to provide me with some advice.

Question 1.) My test did not go so well. I got a 630, despite having taken a Kaplan prep-course, during which I consistently scored in the 660 – 680 range on my practice tests. I’m considering taking the test again later this week, while the material is fresh in my head. Do you think this is wise?

Question 2.) Given my stats (see below) and the programs I’m the most passionate about (EMBA Programs from Duke, Cornell, BU, BC, Babson, in that order), in your opinion, will the marginal benefit from the potential extra 30 points outweigh the potential risks (a similar or lower score, added stress on work and family). In short – do I really need those extra 30 points, or will they not make all that much of a difference, given my current status?

My Stats are as follows –

Current middle-management with an industry leading action-sports firm. 6+ years work experience.

Company enthusiastic about providing support

2.7 Undergraduate GPA from Bates College (I graduated in three years instead of four – see below for explanation).

Former Professional Athlete (Triathlon); Member of US National Team 2000-2002.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

-T

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.