Home Forums Law School Admission Ask AdmissionsConsultants

This topic contains 595 replies, has 265 voices, and was last updated by  AdmissionsConsultants 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 586 through 596 (of 596 total)
  • Author

Hi David,

This is helpful and I hope you can help me too.

I finished my sophomore year at University of Florida with a 3.8 GPA and I believe I’ll be in the mid 170s when I take the LSAT. I am only thinking about Harvard and Yale right now.

My GPA is my main concern. It would be higher except I had a lot of AP classes and some junior college credits while in high school. As a result, I’ve taken more higher level classes at UF than the average student.

Will Harvard and Yale consider the rigor of my courses when they compare me to students from more prestigious schools with higher GPAs?

Sincerely,

Gabriel Dantas

Hi Gabriel and thanks for your inquiry.

These schools will certainly note both the level of difficulty in your classes and the overall course load (hours per semester) you took. Therefore, I wouldn’t worry about the GPA as long as you maintain that over the next two years. If you keep a focus on your extracurricular activities and developing strong wow factors and story themes, you can be as competitive as anyone else when you apply.

Best of luck with your future applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Pedro Periera
    Participant

I want to know if I will be at a disadvantage if I take the GRE and if the law schools that accept it will think I’m not as sincere about law school as those who took the LSAT.

I want to know if I will be at a disadvantage if I take the GRE and if the law schools that accept it will think I’m not as sincere about law school as those who took the LSAT.

Hi Pedro and thanks for your inquiry.

Good question!

The good news is that you have nothing to worry about. Any law school that also accepts the GRE will treat applicants who submit the GRE the same as they will applicants who submit the LSAT.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com Facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com Twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com Youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com Pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com Google +

okaine
    Participant

I received a failing grade for a class because I shared notes. It’s part of my academic record. How can I overcome this in my law school applications?

I received a failing grade for a class because I shared notes. It’s part of my academic record. How can I overcome this in my law school applications?

Hi Okaine and thanks for your inquiry.

The short answer is yes, it can be mitigated. It’s a matter of working hard and smart to ensure you are optimally positioned with the strongest possible candidacy when you’er ready to apply.

Please don’t hesitate to call us at 1.800.809.0800 to discuss your candidacy in more detail.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com Facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com Twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com Youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com Pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com Google +

Carol Meda
    Participant

I’m a college sophomore and I want to eventually go to a top law school. How much will study abroad help me if I maintain my grades while I’m abroad?

I’m a college sophomore and I want to eventually go to a top law school. How much will study abroad help me if I maintain my grades while I’m abroad?

Hi Carol and thanks for your inquiry.

Because study abroad is so popular, unfortunately, it won’t really help distinguish you from the other applicants. However, the personal benefits may make this a good option and it’s possible you may have an opportunity to take some interesting classes and partake in some interesting opportunities that could help shape your legal perspective

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

thetrevor424
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been out of school for 5 years and I have a 3.5 GPA. My concern is a 155 LSAT. Not sure I can raise it. What are my chances of getting into a school in or near Manhattan if I don’t retake the LSAT?

Hi there,

I’ve been out of school for 5 years and I have a 3.5 GPA. My concern is a 155 LSAT. Not sure I can raise it. What are my chances of getting into a school in or near Manhattan if I don’t retake the LSAT?

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

With well-prepared applications, I believe you could be competitive at some schools near NYC. However, before applying, I’d encourage you to seriously consider retaking the LSAT. There’s a chance it could pay off in both increased admissions chances and financial aid.

Please don’t hesitate to call us at 1.800.809.0800 to discuss your candidacy in more detail.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

jonynot
    Participant

Hi David,

I have a strong GRE score from when I thought about public policy but my practice LSAT scores are not promising at all. Should I submit the GRE instead?

Thanks!

Hi David,

I have a strong GRE score from when I thought about public policy but my practice LSAT scores are not promising at all. Should I submit the GRE instead?

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Taking the GRE in lieu of the LSAT will limit the schools you can target. But if your score is less than 5 years old and the percentile score is much higher than you feel you can do on the LSAT, it could be feasible.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly through email or phone to arrange for a complimentary assessment of your law school candidacy.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Viewing 11 posts - 586 through 596 (of 596 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares