Home Forums Law School Admission Ask AdmissionsConsultants

This topic contains 593 replies, has 264 voices, and was last updated by  AdmissionsConsultants 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 594 total)
  • Author

froche
    Participant

I hope you can help me with my “What are my chances” question.

I have a 3.0 but my first 2 years were around 2.3 and my last 2 were 3.7. I really found my groove after working through some issues and getting to the classes I enjoyed. If I can score in the high 160s, can I get into a top-tier law school? My extracurricular are OK.

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

First, we’re happy to offer you a more in-depth complimentary assessment of your candidacy, so feel free to call our office at 1.800.809.0800 to arrange one.

Now, that said, based on the little bit you shared, I’m afraid I’m not very optimistic about your chances at a top-tier law school. Again, based on the little you shared, I’m thinking you would have to start at a lower-tier law school and transfer to a higher ranked school after the first year.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Jimmy Toogood
    Participant

I’m a pretty good law school applicant except for my LSAT. What do I have to do as a 1L to transfer to a top school after my first year?

Hi Jimmy and thanks for your inquiry.

You are correct that the law schools don’t care about the transfer applicant LSAT score. They will look very carefully, however, at the 1L grades. If your grades are good, your transfer chances should be quite high. It will be imperative you “hit the ground running” at law school and get good grades.

Best of luck with all your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Martin Gilhoj
    Participant

My first foray into college was a disaster. I partied too much and was academically dismissed. Years later, I went back and graduated. My GPA from just the last 2 years is about a 3.5. I’m now 33 with a good career. If I score in the 150s, can I get into a part time law program? It doesn’t have to be top ranked.

My first foray into college was a disaster. I partied too much and was academically dismissed. Years later, I went back and graduated. My GPA from just the last 2 years is about a 3.5. I’m now 33 with a good career. If I score in the 150s, can I get into a part time law program? It doesn’t have to be top ranked.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Based strictly on your academic qualifications, I believe the transcript can indeed be mitigated with a well-prepared application. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you want to discuss your case in more detail.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

pikkon95
    Participant

I just got a DUI expunged from my record. How will that impact my law school application?

I just got a DUI expunged from my record. How will that impact my law school application?

The answer to this question isn’t always so cut and dried. The short answer is that you should be able to mitigate it in a well-prepared application. Just please make sure the state bar where you plan to practice is OK with admitting a lawyer with an expunged DUI.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

comment girl
    Participant

This is one of those “What are my chances” posts. I have a 2.8 GPA but it’s from a top 10 university and I had some mental health issues that resulted in two academic probations. I have always been good at standardized tests and feel I can score in the 90 percentile. Do I still have a chance of getting into law school?

This is one of those “What are my chances” posts. I have a 2.8 GPA but it’s from a top 10 university and I had some mental health issues that resulted in two academic probations. I have always been good at standardized tests and feel I can score in the 90 percentile. Do I still have a chance of getting into law school?

Yes. You can still be a competitive law school applicant. You appear to have some extenuating circumstances that the admissions committees will appreciate reading about and take into consideration when reviewing your application. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 1.800.809.0800 to discuss your profile in more detail.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

greathornedal
    Participant

Hi and thanks for your help in advance.

I have two yeas of good experience working for a congressman. Decent extracurriculars in college including president of my fraternity. I was a 3.2 my first 2 years and finished with about a 3.4 in economics from a top 25 college.

What LSAT score do I need to be get into a lower T14 like Georgetown? Is it even possible with any LSAT score given my GPA?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for your help in advance.

I have two yeas of good experience working for a congressman. Decent extracurriculars in college including president of my fraternity. I was a 3.2 my first 2 years and finished with about a 3.4 in economics from a top 25 college.

What LSAT score do I need to be get into a lower T14 like Georgetown? Is it even possible with any LSAT score given my GPA?

Thanks.

We do offer complimentary assessments. During those, we go into more depth than a discussion board allows and give more detailed advice. To schedule a complimentary assessment, you can call us toll free at 1.800.809.0800 or +1 703.242.5885 if you’re outside the US and Canada.

That said, based on the limited information available, I imagine we’d likely want to see at least a 167 if you’re looking at the full-time program.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Josie Williams
    Participant

What is your advice to applicants looking at lower-tier schools? Do you agree that they are playing career roulette?

What is your advice to applicants looking at lower-tier schools? Do you agree that they are playing career roulette?

Hi Josie and thanks for your inquiry.

That is an excellent question. Like a lot of questions about admissions, there is no straight-forward answer however.

While we want all applicants to always fully understand the risks associated with their proposed educational investments, a JD from a lower-tier school may be a fine option if the applicant already has a post law school position secured. It may also be a very viable option if the applicant secures a generous financial aid package and/or has lower opportunity costs than perhaps an applicant who chooses only to target the top law schools.

If you wish to discuss your particular situation, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1.800.809.0800. We keep evening and weekend hours by appointment and we’re happy to help you reach a well-informed decision that is optimal for your particular candidacy.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Gabriel Dantas
    Participant

Hi David,

This is helpful and I hope you can help me too.

I finished my sophomore year at University of Florida with a 3.8 GPA and I believe I’ll be in the mid 170s when I take the LSAT. I am only thinking about Harvard and Yale right now.

My GPA is my main concern. It would be higher except I had a lot of AP classes and some junior college credits while in high school. As a result, I’ve taken more higher level classes at UF than the average student.

Will Harvard and Yale consider the rigor of my courses when they compare me to students from more prestigious schools with higher GPAs?

Sincerely,

Gabriel Dantas

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares