Home Forums Law School Admission Ask AdmissionsConsultants

This topic contains 593 replies, has 264 voices, and was last updated by  AdmissionsConsultants 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 594 total)
  • Author

I think I’m a good candidate and hope to get low 170s on the LSAT. My weak point is I’ve been a paralegal for 2 years because the market was bad when I graduated. Will this hurt me or can I use it to show my interest and background in the legal profession?

Hi Warren and thanks for your inquiry.

If the rest of the application is there (LSAT, extracurriculars, undergrad transcript), there is no reason why you can’t be competitive at the top law schools. Feel free to call us to arrange a complimentary assessment to verify which schools we feel you should aim for.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Gil Cortez
    Participant

Hispanic male. 26. 3.6 GPA from top 20 public college. Good extracurriculars and work ex[perience. What LSAT do I need for a top law school?

Hispanic male. 26. 3.6 GPA from top 20 public college. Good extracurriculars and work ex[perience. What LSAT do I need for a top law school?

Hi Gil and thanks for your inquiry.

We do offer complimentary assessments, so please don’t hesitate to call us at 1.800.809.0800 to schedule one for a more in-depth assessment.

Based on the little bit shared here, it would appear you can be competitive at a top 25 with a score of 160ish and a top 3 if you can hit 170.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Denis Jordan
    Participant

Hi.

I’m a junior looking to get into the best law school I can. I can take 18 credits over the next 3 semesters to earn a double major. Would it help boost my chances with the law schools?

Thanks!

Hi.

I’m a junior looking to get into the best law school I can. I can take 18 credits over the next 3 semesters to earn a double major. Would it help boost my chances with the law schools?

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Great question. You are certainly welcome to call us to schedule a complimentary assessment and discuss your case in far greater detail than I can here. That said, the trade offs to consider are whether the extra classes will impact your GPA, affect your ability to be active outside the classroom and impact your law school experience and/or post law school career goals.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

moonlightwolf
    Participant

Hi. I don’t know what to do. I submitted my applications but I still have an outstanding LOR with LSAC. He assured me over the summer and again in September that he would take care of it. I have enough other LORs. How much is this going to harm me?

Hi. I don’t know what to do. I submitted my applications but I still have an outstanding LOR with LSAC. He assured me over the summer and again in September that he would take care of it. I have enough other LORs. How much is this going to harm me?

Since you have already submitted the proper number of recommendations, you can inform the schools that you are no longer planning to submit that last one to ensure there is no delay in the processing of your applications.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Kil Ung Lee
    Participant

Kil Ung Lee
    Dear Ms. Post
    I am interested in attending law school. I graduated 16 years ago with a BS degree in business. Last 16 years I worked in N.Y. city financial district. Last year I took LSAT test and got 158. My undergrad GPA is around 3.2
    My problem is that I made a big mistake in college sophoremore year. I was convicted with a felony charge 19 years ago. Could I apply for any law school with my criminal record.

Dear Ms. Post
    I am interested in attending law school. I graduated 16 years ago with a BS degree in business. Last 16 years I worked in N.Y. city financial district. Last year I took LSAT test and got 158. My undergrad GPA is around 3.2
    My problem is that I made a big mistake in college sophoremore year. I was convicted with a felony charge 19 years ago. Could I apply for any law school with my criminal record.

Hi Kil Ung Lee and thanks for your inquiry.

This is actually a variant of a question we get asked frequently.

The short answer is that yes, you can certainly apply. You will, however, need to fully disclose the issue. And whether you are admitted will depend on the crime as well as the particular school.

You are certainly welcome to contact our office to schedule a complimentary assessment and we can look into this issue in more detail offline.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

tbatton
    Participant

Hi. I love this thread!

I’m a junior at Ole Miss with a 3.7 in econ. Plenty of extracurricular activities. What LSAT do I need to be competitive at the T14?

Thanks again!

We offer complimentary assessments, so please call me at 1.800.809.0800 to arrange for a more in-depth assessment of your candidacy. That said, based on the little information we have here, I’d recommend trying to get at least a 167.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Skyler Dane
    Participant

I bombed the February LSAT (150) and will retake it in June. I know I can do better. I am a 3.7 from a top public university with an electrical engineering degree. I will have 2 years of work experience this summer. What LSAT do I need to get into a T14 and how badly does that first LSAT score hurt me?

I bombed the February LSAT (150) and will retake it in June. I know I can do better. I am a 3.7 from a top public university with an electrical engineering degree. I will have 2 years of work experience this summer. What LSAT do I need to get into a T14 and how badly does that first LSAT score hurt me?

Hi Skyler and thanks for your inquiry.

What’s done is done, so focus on improving your LSAT and submitting well-prepared applications. Also, before retaking the LSAT, be confident you can score higher by performing well on practice tests and addressing any potential anxiety issues. Assuming the rest of your candidacy is solid, I would think you should start to become competitive around a 167 or 168 although, obviously, the higher the better.

I hope this helps but please don’t hesitate to call us directly for a more in-depth complimentary assessment.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Vince da Matta
    Participant

Hi David,

I’ve been working for 2 years as a paralegal at a Big Law and feel I will get strong recommendations. My senior year I got sick and my senior year dropped my overall GPA from 3.92 to 3.57. I’m confident my LSAT will be strong next month. How big of an issue will the senior year be for me at the T14? Thanks a million!

Vince

Hi David,

I’ve been working for 2 years as a paralegal at a Big Law and feel I will get strong recommendations. My senior year I got sick and my senior year dropped my overall GPA from 3.92 to 3.57. I’m confident my LSAT will be strong next month. How big of an issue will the senior year be for me at the T14? Thanks a million!

Vince

Hi Vince and thanks for your inquiry.

If your LSAT and the rest of your candidacy is stellar, the senior year grades should not present an insurmountable hurdle at even the top schools in the T14. Give me a call and we can arrange for an in-depth, complimentary assessment of your candidacy.

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 594 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares