Home Forums Medical School Admission Personal Statement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  arjabed 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hallhe
    Participant

I have a 26, and a 3.7 I am applying to both DO and MD. I know my chances are slim and want my personal statement to look good. I grew up homeless, we lived in my dad’s car. Everyone tells me I should write about this but I don’t want to sound like I expect them to feel sorry for me and let me in. I have other qualities that I believe would make me a good physician, however it is true that this makes me stand out and I did have to overcome quite a bit. Should I use this topic or will it look like I am feeling sorry for myself?

Mside21
    Participant

I would use that topic in your personal statement because that probably made a dramatic impact in your life and you should relate how that experience has influenced your decision to go to medical school. Additionally, if you write it correctly it won’t sound like you feel sorry for yourself. I hope this helps.

arjabed
    Participant

The personal statement is something I could use a lot of help on. Any tips or advice? Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares